10 Family Fun Activities in Laguna Beach
With lots of sun, nice weather, and a relaxing atmosphere, Laguna Beach is a great way to experience Orange County. It’s also a very family-friendly destination since it features a variety of interesting attractions, tasty restaurants, and beautiful accommodation options.
Here’s a list of 10 fun activities for families in Laguna Beach.
1) Ride on the Trolley: Get a good feel of Laguna Beach by hopping on the trolley on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the spring. At this time, the ride is free and gives you a great way to see some of the area’s hot spots. Plus, it’s a good way to shuttle your family to some of the best destinations in town.
2) Try Local a Dessert: Laguna Beach is well-known for its tasty gelato and ice cream, and there are a multitude of shops selling both near the beach. Get some sweet treats and stroll around the beach while taking in the warm weather. Or grab some ice cream and a meal to have all the ingredients for a picnic out on the beach.
3) Visit Some Cute Sea Lions: Laguna Beach is home to the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, a rehabilitation facility that is specifically designed for seals and sea lions. Visiting this attraction is a good activity for all members of the family since you have a chance to see some of the animals up close and learn more about conservation efforts in the area.
4) Go Hiking And See the Scenery: California’s inviting climate makes hiking and walking a great activity for the family. Aside from great beaches, Laguna Beach is also home to some great inland wilderness. There are a number of kid-friendly trails to explore, like the Dartmoor Boat Canyon Trail, that also presents plenty of opportunities for great photos.
5) Explore the Local Sea Life: The shoreline around the beaches in the area feature different tide pools that host a plethora of local sea life, like snails, starfish, and anemones. Let your kids explore in and around these pools to learn more about these (harmless) examples of sea life. Just be sure not to take anything since the pools are protected habitats.
Click here to check out Laguna’s best beaches!
6) Go Kayaking: The ocean near Laguna Beach is a great spot for kayakers of all ages (and skill levels). There are a number of rental agencies to choose from, and many of them have tandem options as well. This makes it easy for you to paddle while your kids sit safely in the middle seats.
7) Listen To Live Music: Laguna Beach’s Bluebird Park is a hotspot for local music on Sundays in the summer. Bands come and play as part of the city’s Music in the Park event, and it’s a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, come check out the park to play frisbee, soccer, or just enjoy the expansive green spaces.
8) Learn About the Area’s History: A trip to the Laguna Beach Historical Society is a good opportunity for you and the family to understand the area’s history. The Murphy Smith Bungalow is an authentic dwelling that was built in 1923, and visitors can literally see the humble beginnings of Laguna Beach up close.
9) Check Out the Art Scene: Laguna Beach has a number of art festivals, galleries, and museums that also offer kid’s workshops and classes, along with gallery tours and open studios.
10) Check Out Diver’s Cove: Nestled right alongside the south end of Picnic Beach, Diver’s Cove is home to a variety of sea life and safe beaches for younger children to explore. The surrounding area is also replete with unique natural rock formations.
Once your family is ready to go to Laguna Beach, keep these exciting destinations and activities in mind to make your trip a fun one!
Are you thinking of buying a home in the Laguna Beach area? Click here to contact the Stavros Group today!
Courtesy of Cuselleration